Hey everyone! My name's Nicole and I'm the new guest blogger for Rings and Tings. I can't express how excited I am to start writing posts about fashion on the R&T blog! So, before starting a fresh post regarding a fashion topic, I thought it'd be fun (and polite) to give you all a brief introduction about me through some [fun] facts! Here we gooooooooo….
1. I run my own blog called The Fashion Wonton. The name came from my favourite local Hong Kong dish Wonton-meen. You can ask me questions on tumblr/email, I always reply.
2. Fashion has always been a career I've wanted to pursue seriously since the age of 14.
3. I'm currently based in London, studying international preparation for fashion at the London College of fashion.
4. Started blogging around 2 years ago as a high school student in Hong Kong to keep up with fashion news, be more aware of the fashion world, and show a bit of my creative work to the public.
5. I love RINGS and layering jewelry. Rings are above all my favorite because they're portable, simple, and quirky.
6. I prefer biographies to fiction.
7. Shopping in markets or individual boutiques makes me happier than big mainstream stores sometimes.
8. My favourite wearable look of the SS14' runway was from Opening Ceremony. Phenomenal. A change from the pure white looks seen at NYFW eh?
9. I may be a fashion student but the myths going on about fashion students not loving to eat is so untrue! My classmates love eating, and so do I. In fact, I love eating Laksa, Curries, Chicken rice, Wonton Noodle Soup, Pizza, Fruit Tarts..the list goes on!
10. Hussein Chalayan, Alexander Wang, Rei Kawakubo, Jonathan Saunders, Marios Scwab, Yohji Yamamoto, Stephane Rolland, Carol Lim/Humberto Leon are some fashion designers I absolutely admire in terms of the "full package".
There it is! You'll get to know more about me during the course of my appearance here on the Rings and Tings blog. Looking forward to starting the journey! Ta-ta for now!